Rigosa is a district of the municipality of Algua without territorial continuity with the municipal capital.
The locality is a small agricultural village of ancient origin, always constituted in municipality and parish.
The village became a hamlet of Costa Serina by order of Napoleon, but the Austrians cancelled the decision when they arrived in 1815. After the unification of Italy, the village grew from less than four hundred to more than five hundred inhabitants.
It was Fascism that decided to suppress the town by joining it to Algua di Costa Serina.