The actual church wa built on the rests of the old church dedicated to S. Maria Assunta, realized in the 13th century. This last one has been rehandled during the 15th century by the order of S. Carlo Borromeo. The construction of the actual church took place between 1898 and 1904 by the project of the architect Antonio Piccinelli.
Today remains only the apse's vain of the sixteenth-century plant and It's now converted into a sacristy.
Among the present art's works, there are two Renaissance "polittici" and a Madonna realized in copper of the XVII century. The altar was made in wood and gilded, the pulpit and confessional are from 1600. The bell tower was built in 1789.