Nespello is on the old “Via Mercatorum”, right on the mule trail joining Trafficanti and Ascensione, below the sanctuary to Our Lady of the Snows in Forcella. Nespello belongs to the parish of San Lorenzo. Take a look at the shrine to Our Lady of the Rosary of Pompeii (the Grom chapel) built in 1890 and restored in 1925. Today it is almost abandoned but once had more than 100 inhabitants. There was a bakery and inn. The village is famous for being the birthplace of the Capuchin monk Cecilio Maria.