The Cantoni S. Maria hamlet church was built in the third quarter of the 17th century, and as early as 1675 it appears to have undergone initial restoration work. Further work was carried out on several occasions in 1723 and 1755. A 1930 report by parish priest Fr Donzelli describes it as a poor building, equipped only with the essential liturgical furnishings and with a structural lesion on the north side. From the twentieth century until the twenty-first, the church has undergone various conservation and maintenance works.
The liturgically oriented building has a simple facade with a pitched roof, bordered by two painted pilasters. The stone portal is flanked by two small windows with grilles, while a third window above the entrance illuminates the nave. The interior has a square nave, covered by a cup, with a raised rectangular presbytery vaulted. From the chancel there is access, on the left, to the small sacristy and, on the right, to the bell tower.